Salamangka is a Tagalog term for Magic. They want the customers to experience magic in their products and service, escape reality for a quick bit, unwinding with their beverage of choice and good company.
Salamangka is the latest project of 121 group, bridging specialty grade coffee, homemade cocktail infusions and Engkanto craft beer on tap. Inspired by Filipino mythological folklore, while it’s menu incorporates casual cafe food with Pinoy twists. Food specialties included are corned beef mac and cheese, itlog na maalat wings and Ta-Pi-log (Tapa, Pita and Itlog).
For the Specialty Coffee highlights include single origin pour overs, Coconut, Choc Nut lattes and Kapeko 3-in-1.
House spirit infusions pair gin, vodka, tequila and rum with ingredients like dried mangoes, oranges and even Thai Chili.
And craft beers selection is by Engkanto beer, the finest microbrewer in the Country.
And sharing some of my favorites:
- Classic Beef Sinigang – beef is so tender. And I love the Mango on the side with Bagoong. Very unique dish.
- Kamote chips (sweet potato) with condense milk dip – I super enjoyed it. Ung hindi mo namamalayan na nauubos mo na. The combination of sweet potato and condense milk super winner!
- Ube Latte – I love Ube. It’s like you are drinking melted ice cream.
- Wakwak – One of their Homemade Cocktails. You can really taste the mango puree. I am a fruity lover.
- Ibong Adarna – Also their homemade cocktails. Love the combination of pineapple and calamansi and chili.
The ambience is cool. It seems that it’s always Halloween because of the design. The aswang, tikbalang, white lady and other mythological folklores characters are there.
Staff are friendly and assisted us properly. And the owner is so bait and accommodating.
Certified na maSHErap!