New Dyson Core Flow™ technology transforms the way we deliver clean air to you.
Dyson unveiled its first personal air treatment machine – the Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan in the Philippines last July 12, 2019, at the Grand Atrium of the Shangri-la Mall. Featuring Dyson’s air filtration and air projection technologies, this compact machine is a perfect fit for your personal space — whether beside your bed, on your desk, or in a nursery. The new Dyson Core Flow™ technology transforms the way we deliver purified air to you. This air control mechanism creates a steady stream of purified air and allows you to direct the airflow precisely where you need it. Harnessing Dyson’s expertise in fluid dynamics, air filtration, light sensing, and acoustic performance, the Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan is engineered to support your wellbeing, delivering cleaner air and more comfortable cooling experience.
Jake Dyson, Chief Engineer, says ”Dyson invests in research to improve the way everyday products work. By combining hardware and software, we develop intelligent machines that solve problems and support your wellbeing.”
Up to 90% of our time is indoors
We, the indoor generation, are spending up to 90% of our time working, studying, eating, exercising, sleeping and playing behind closed doors. Our indoor environment – from the air we breathe to the dust, allergens, and temperature we are exposed to – plays a vital role in our wellbeing.
When we talk about pollution, we often talk about outdoor pollution. But indoors, there is also more to air than meets the eye. In addition to pollution entering our homes when we open the windows or doors, common everyday activities and household items can also make the air dirty.
In the bedroom, where we can spend up to one-third of our lives, we may find VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) from personal care products like cosmetics, hair spray, perfume, or scented candles. In the kitchen and living room, cleaning products emit VOCs; gas hobs and other cooking processes release particulate matter, fumes, and odours; and carpets can collect dust and allergens. The Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan captures these pollutants and delivers cleaner air within your personal space.
Paul Dawson, Vice President of Health and Beauty says, “At Dyson, one of our guiding principles, when we build new machines, is that we solve real problems, for real people, in real homes.
Harnessing our knowledge of science and technology, we challenge ourselves to invent things in a different and better way. The Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan is engineered for your personal space, allowing you to take control of your own air quality and thermal comfort.”
Dyson Core Flow™ technology, a transformation in air projection technology
For a personal purifying fan, a focused stream of air is crucial. Dyson Core Flow™ technology revolutionizes the way we deliver cleaner air to your personal space. Inspired by the aerodynamic properties in the Harrier Jump Jet, Dyson engineers discovered that when two jets of air meet on a convex surface, they converge to create a high-pressure core and a focused stream of air. By harnessing this phenomenon, they developed a way to project a stream of precise and focused air to cool you and deliver cleaner air all year round.
Adjusting a dome at the top of the machine allows you to precisely control the angle of the airflow. The Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan also features 70-degree oscillation for even more customization.
HEPA filter captures 99.95% of particle pollutants
The unique HEPA ensures no compromise in particle capture, so you can rest easy knowing cleaner air is being delivered to your personal space. HEPA media captures 99.95% of particles as small as allergens, and activated carbon absorbs and traps gases, odours and household fumes such as VOCs.
The HEPA filter will trap even the smallest of particles, down to 0.1 microns. For reference, that is 300 times narrower than a human hair.
Acoustically engineered for your personal space
Designed for your personal space, the Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan is acoustically engineered to be as quiet as possible. A layer of acoustic attenuation foam in the base of the machine absorbs excess noise from the motor.
To make sure it is pleasant to use in close proximity, our acoustic engineers have conducted more than 1000 tests in Dyson’s semi-anechoic chamber, measuring both sound volume and sound quality — and they test this when only 20cm from the machine. They also developed a new acoustic matrix to better reflect how people perceive the machine’s sound in the real world.
Intelligent light sensing for a good night’s sleep
Equipped with an intelligent light sensing system, the machine actively tracks the ambient light and automatically dims or brightens the built-in LCD screen in real-time to blend in with your surrounding environment. When the sensing system detects space has become dark, it will automatically switch off the LCD screen. Sleep timer can be set so the machine will turn off after pre-set intervals ranging from 30 minutes to 8 hours.
By combining these features with concentrated airflow, acoustic engineering and a compact size, the Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan will keep you cool and comfortable for a good night’s sleep.
- Range: The Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fans are available in a White/Silver colour and Gunmetal/Copper colour.
- Guarantee: Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fans have 2-year parts and labour guarantee.
- Sleep timer: At night, you can set the sleep timer anywhere between 30 minutes and 8 hours. So you can keep cool and comfortable while you rest.
- Built-in LCD screen: The built-in LCD screen shows your airflow speed, modes, and filter life.
- Smooth 70-degree oscillation: Set your machine to rotate from side to side, to deliver airflow through a 70˚ range.
- Easy filter maintenance: Built-in reminders show you when your filter needs changing. It’s quick and easy to do, to ensure your machine is always working at its best.
- Remote control: A magnetized remote control can be neatly stored on the filter and used to control the functioning of the product.
- Prototypes: 120 engineers developed 2,022 prototypes of the machine and sub-assemblies during development.
- Build to last: 366 mechanical tests have been conducted to make sure the machine will stand the test of time.
- Pricing and availability:
|Dyson Pure Cool Me™ White/Silver|
|The Dyson Pure Cool Me™ personal purifying fan is available from June 2019 at the Dyson Demo at Greenbelt 5, SM Aura Premier, The Podium and major department stores and electrical stores at the recommended retail price of P23,500.|
Pollution sources at home
- Pressed wood furniture can release formaldehyde.
- Indoor paints can contain VOCs, which can be released as gaseous chemicals when they dry and potentially throughout their life.
- Scented candles can release VOCs into the air as they burn.
- Outdoor air pollution such as tree pollen, particulate matter and city pollution can enter the home and may remain trapped there.
- New furniture can contain polymers that emit VOCs.
- Floorings can emit formaldehyde when new, and potentially throughout their life.
- Wood-burning fireplaces and stoves can emit particulate matter during combustion.
- Cats, dogs and other household pets can spread this microscopic material around the room.
- Plants and flowers can release microscopic pollen into the air.
- Cleaning products can contain household fumes and odours.
- Gas hobs and the food cooking process itself can emit fumes, odours, and particles into the air.
- Air fresheners and deodorants can contain VOCs, which can be released with the fragrance when sprayed.
- Damp areas can contain mould and release mould spores into the air.
- Dyson is a global technology company with engineering and testing operations in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, and the UK. Dyson employs over 12,000 people globally including over 5000 engineers and scientists – with an increasing proportion in South East Asia where production and operations also take place.
- Dyson is realizing ambitious plans to develop new technologies with global teams focused on solid-state battery cells, high-speed electric motors, vision systems, machine learning technologies, and A.I.
- Dyson’s 67-acre campus in Malmesbury, Wiltshire, UK, is home to the Dyson Institute of Engineering and Technology, which opened in September 2017. Dyson is making a £31m investment into UK higher education to help overcome the shortage of engineers in the UK. The four-year degree programme, free of tuition fees, covers the fundamentals of engineering in years one and two. It delivers electronics and mechanical engineering content in years three and four – all alongside a paid job within Dyson’s research and development team, working on real products, with leading engineers and scientists.
In September 2017 Dyson announced that it had been working on a battery electric vehicle for three years. It announced that it would be investing £2bn into the development of the BEV for launch in 2021. The project builds on Dyson’s existing expertise in solid-state batteries, motors, vision systems, robotics, HVAC and aerodynamics.
Follow their Facebook page: www.facebook.com/dysonph