June 29, 2019 – Parents take on the most relentless and challenging work every single day. The immense responsibility, constant worry, mundane daily grind — it can give you panic attacks. That’s why Smart Parenting makes it a daily mission to become a mom’s guilt-free guide to her greatest (and wildest) adventure that is parenting.
Last June 29, 2019, Smart Parenting added to the fun and rewarding experience of parenthood by holding its most-awaited event of the year, the “Smart Parenting Convention” at SM Megamall. The event was co-presented by Nido, powered by PLDT Home Fibr, with minor sponsors Jack ‘n Jill, 3M Nexcare Products and Ariel.
“We always get messages from our readers that we do SP Con for two days! They always tell us they love the shopping and super appreciate the talks,” said Leah Nemil-San Jose, editor-in-chief, Smart Parenting, the most credible source of pregnancy information Filipino moms count on.
The Smart Parenting Convention this year has more than 70 concessionaires offering special discounts and bundles. Aside from games, raffle prizes, and booth activities, three blocks were divided into topics to help parents in taking on their role, whether preparing for a baby, recovering from delivery, raising a toddler, and many more.
Pregnancy and Baby Block
Pregnancy and Baby Block
- Childbirth options and how to prep for the delivery day by Dr. Maynila Domingo – Expectant parents will not want to miss this! Dr. Domingo is a board member of Bayside Council of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a clinical associate professor at the University of the Philippines – Manila. She has attended number of workshops and training abroads, such as the Asia Pacific Conference on Fetal Therapy in Indonesia; the Professional Training Course on Prevention of Pre-eclampsia in Hong Kong; and the UM-CUHK Certificate Course in Clinical Genetics and Genomics in Malaysia.
- Post Partum Care by Dr. Sybil Bravo – It’s not only the baby who needs to be cared for after birth — you need special treatment, too, mom. During her talk, Dr. Bravo talked about how you can best care of yourself postpartum. Dr. Bravo, who graduated from the University of the Philippines College of Medicine, is the Vice President of the Philippine Infectious Disease Society in Obstetrics and Gynecology (PIDSOG) and a clinical associate professor at the University of the Philippines – Philippine General Hospital (PGH). She also serves as a chief board member of the section of OB-Gyn Infectious Diseases, Department of OB-Gyn at PGH and as a board member of the Asia-Oceania research Organization in Genital Infection and Neoplasia (AOGIN), and a member of the Blood-Bourne Infectious Diseases Core Team.
- Baby Milestones and Red Flags to Watch Out for by Dr. Ina Atutubo – Learn the vital baby milestones, and the warning signs if they are missing it. She is a graduate of the University of Sto. Tomas (UST), where she also did her residency. She is a diplomate of the Philippine Pediatric Society (PPS) and a member of the Community Pediatrics Society of the Philippines.
- Baby Sleep Basics by Ria Campos Lopez – A corporate lawyer by profession, her journey towards being a sleep consultant began when her first child experienced sleep troubles. She believes sleep problems can be prevented by setting healthy sleeping habits early on and aims to educate herself further so she can help her future kids and other moms who may also be going through similar ordeals with their children.
- The Facts and the Curious: FAQs about Parenting Toddlers answered by experts Dr. Maria Josephine Yuson-Sunga, Dr. Francis Xavier Dimalanta and Teacher Tina Zamora.
- Early Signs of Autism Spectrum Disorder was discussed by Ms. Mona Magnu-Veluz who serves as the National President of the Autism Society Philippines.
Family Block Talks
- Why You Need a Marriage Makeover After Kids by Joy and Edric Mendoza – Edric Mendoza is the President of Homeschool Global, a learning organization that now has over 3,100 students across 30 countries. He is also a Registered Financial Planner, the pioneering lead anchor of the ANC Show On the Money, and an active member of Christ’s Commission Fellowship (CCF), where he and his wife, joy Mendoza, coach, mentor, and mount events for families. Joy is an author and awarded blogger who writes about joys and challenges she experiences in marriage, parenting and homeschooling their five kids.
- Digital Parenting by Dr. Michelle Alignay, RP, RGC – a registered psychologist and registered Guidance Counselor, a highly sought-after speaker, training consultant, and award-winning author who specializes in family life, parenting and relationships, and well-being. In 2018, she obtained her Ph.D. in Family Studies from Miriam College. She also holds an M.A in Family Psychology. She is an Associate Professor for graduate students at Mirriam College.
- How to Create a Home First Aid Kit by Patricia Cuasay Fruto – a graduate of University of Asia and the Pacific (UA&P) with a degree in Master Science in Industrial Economics, has experience in the Marketing Industry and is a multi-awarded trade and brand marketer. Currently, she is a Marketing Leader for the Consumer Business Group 3M Philippines.
Smart Parenting is the credible parenting source backed by experts and a community of involved parents. It aims to help Filipino Moms and Dads to raise bright, happy and healthy kids. Visit Smart Parenting’s website at https://smartparenting.com.ph and follow them on Facebook at https://facebook.com/smartparenting.ph, on Instagram instagram.com/smartparenting, and on Twitter @_smartparenting.